TRANSFORMING BUSINESS AND IT OPERATIONS THROUGH LARGE SCALE MIGRATION TO PUBLIC CLOUD
A Fortune 500 global insurance company sought to migrate the majority of their business applications and infrastructure workloads to the public cloud. With data spread across multiple platforms and geographies, manual collation and reconciliation led to inconsistent information, preventing real-time insight into revenue and profitability.
Select the plus signs for more information.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
- Inconsistent manual processes and data spread across disparate systems created a lack of real-time visibility into revenue and profitability and raised operating costs.
- Informatica Powercenter; Netezza (PDA); Qlik; Aginity; Cognos Framework; Cognos Active Reports
- Identified business use cases; assessed complexity and value from migration to cloud
- Defined a conceptual cloud reference architecture on AWS to meet business and IT goals
- Evaluated and prioritized use cases depending on complexity and business value
- Started with data analysis and profiling across geographies and LOB
- Conducted workshops to facilitate decisions and agreement on common definitions
- Developed proof of concept for two countries and later extended to ten other countries
- Roadmap established based on business use cases and incremental development of the AWS services; ROI model developed for the global enterprise data warehouse initiative
- Risks mitigated from addressing data quality issues upfront; Common business definitions established across regions and countries; Enabled business users to analyze and unearth insight on revenue and profitability across LoBs
- Developed an ROI model for global enterprise data warehouse initiative